Updated October 14th, 2020
Dear Valued Guests,
As the 2021 winter approaches here in the remote Northwest corner of British Columbia and the snow line creeps down the mountains toward the valley bottoms, we continue to plan for the many possible directions this season may take. Todays unprecedented uncertainty has become a fact of life. One thing is for certain though, we will be operating this winter.
With the borders into Canada currently closed we are working with our booked guests to address these unprecedented times. International travel remains uncertain, but at the current time, travel within Canada is allowed.
We are therefore confirming our currently booked Canadian guests and finalizing their bookings. We are also actively marketing new trips to Canadians with our new Purely Canadian Winter Adventure. We have relaxed the Booking Policy and Conditions for Canadian guests as follows:
- Final Payments, for confirmed Canadian guests, are now due 8 weeks prior to arrival.
- Should Travel to BC or from your home province be limited by a Government order, or should you be unable to travel due to Covid-19 restrictions, or should Northern Escape be required to cancel your trip due to Covid-19 restrictions you will have two choices:
- Roll your entire payment over to a 2022 booking at current 2021 prices
- Receive a refund for your final payment and accept a credit, valid for 3 years, for the deposit paid.
For our International guests, we are reaching out to you with several options in consideration of the currently closed borders and quarantine restrictions:
- To wait a little longer, in hopes the borders may open and International travel becomes possible
- Final Payments will not be requested until the borders to Canada open and travel to Canada is assured without a requirement to quarantine upon arrival.
- To rebook for the same dates next season.
- For those that are unable to rebook at this time we are offering a full credit for the deposits paid toward a trip with us in the next 3 years.
As mentioned, we are also now focusing on a Purely Canadian Winter Adventure dedicated to booking Canadian guests for our 2021 season. Experiences include our Elite Heli Skiing program with a free upgrade to Unlimited Vertical and a new al la carte program of daily heli skiing, cat skiing, ski touring and snowmobiling all based out of our new Mountain Lodge.
This winter, our Canadian guests can book the lodge as a group of 4 or 5, a Semi-Private, or as a group of 8 to 10, a Private, in order to limit the number of people you come into contact with to just your family or travel bubble. Private helicopter and snowcat groupings are provided.
Our Covid-19 Health and Safety precautions have been developed to follow the most current guidance from BC, Canada and World Health Organizations for best practices, physical safety and mental well being while making every effort to provide the customer service and experience one would expect from a world class heli skiing resort. To this end, we are proud to announce that our operations have met the highest standards as required for the “Safe Travel” designation from the World Travel and Tourism Council.
We appreciate your support and understanding at this unprecedented and uncertain time. We look forward to seeing you all again as soon as we can and to sharing those great times and that deep powder we all love so much.
All the best!
Your Team at Northern Escape.