At Northern Escape Heli Skiing we are always on the lookout for talented,
enthusiastic professionals to join the Northern Escape Family!
Outside Operations Manager
Northern Escape Heli Skiing – Terrace, BC
Company Information: Northern Escape Heli-Skiing is a boutique heli-ski tour operator located in Terrace BC. Our operations are expanding with a new remote mountain lodge currently under construction in addition to the 2 other lodges we operate.
Position: We are looking for an outgoing person that can provide a strong focus on customer service and that has keen attention to detail to fill our Outside Operations Manager position. This is a full time – year-round position for the right person.
The Outside Operations Manager position is responsible for helping run the NEH snowcat program and the new lakefront backcountry lodge in a smooth, safe and cost-effective manner. They will spend the Operating season generally in camp working a rotating schedule, at the lodge and will be responsible for general lodge maintenance, snowcat road development, and snowcat maintenance, as well as transporting guests while they cat ski. The Off-seasion schedule will be full-time hours Monday to Friday. Year-round work is available for the right person. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining the hourly based maintenance schedule and plans for the snowcats, generators and other equipment.
- Help establish snowcat roads for use during the operating season.
- Assisting with training drivers, guides, and other staff to operate and maintain over-snow equipment.
- Advising the Operations Manager regarding issues relating to snowcat operations.
- Participating in the NEH pre-season training programs as required.
Operating Season Responsibilities:
- Assist in ensuring snow roads and transportation infrastructure is built and maintained so that snowcat skiing operations function reliably and effectively.
- Ensuring snowcats, over-snow machines and other NEH equipment is maintained according to the approved maintenance and service plan and operated in a cost-efficient manner that optimizes the snowcat skiing experience and minimizes downtime.
- Operating snowmobiles, quads, and snowcats to support snowcat skiing operations.
- Reside at the lakefront lodge and operate and maintain those facilities in a cost-effective manner that reflects positively on the company.
- Inter-acting with NEH staff, aircrew, guests and all others in a friendly and professional manner.
- Conducting other associated duties as requested by the Operations Manager.
- Work a rotating schedule of two weeks on and one week off.
Post Season Responsibilities:
- Help to ensure all company equipment is appropriately secured, inventoried and stored for the summer season.
- Ensuring the cat base complex and the lodge are appropriately shut down for the summer season.
- Advising the Operations Manager on work that should be done during the summer season.
- Company Health benefits Plan
- Corporate Ski Pass at Shames Mountain for Staff use
- Discounted ski gear
- Heli and Cat skiing
Job Types: Full-time
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)