When you come to heli ski with us here in beautiful British Columbia, Canada, Northern Escape Heli Skiing will provide you with a Mammut Pulse Barryvox Avalanche Transceiver. Safety is our number one priority and this essential piece of safety equipment is something you must carry at all times.
Approximately 90% of all buried skiers will be found alive if they are found within the first 15 minutes. The Pulse Barryvox Avalanche Transceiver is designed to do just that…it will find someone who is buried quickly and accurately.
In this post, our heli ski experts will offer a brief overview of the Pulse Barryvox Avalanche Transceiver and explain its many features, and how it can help save your life.
Beacon Transceiver – Your Best Hope for Being Found
To help keep everyone safe, before heading out to the powder, NE Heli Skiing supplies all guests with both the Snowpulse Avalanche Airbag Backpack system and the Pulse Barryvox Avalanche Transceiver (with harness). To ensure no signal interruption, do not carry any metal or magnetic objects, or any electronic devices near your active transceiver.
Throughout the heli ski trip, all Barryvox Avalanche Beacons will be set to “Transmit.” They should only be switched to “Receive” if someone should become buried in an avalanche…this will help improve the chances of finding them quickly.
The Pulse Barryvox Avalanche Transceiver was designed for intuitive, easy use – the user need only use one button. Yet, the device provides powerful search capabilities to facilitate a fast rescue.
Pulse Barryvox Avalanche Transceiver Features
The Beacon comes with many standard features:
- Includes 3 receiving antennas and an “Auto Guidance” feature for continuous search guidance
- Will exchange information with other Mammut Pulse Beacon units so searchers can co-ordinate search efforts
- Can simultaneously handle up to 7 separate beacons, regardless of signal overlap
- Signal pickup up is extremely fast, with excellent signal retention and signal separation of multiple beacons
- Includes 360 degree display screen to help determine relative positioning
- Has a range of up to 70 metres (230 feet)
- Screen icons help direct rescuers throughout the search (with no hidden functions)
- Can also detect motion from other Pulse beacons that are below the snow surface
- Is small and compact, and operates on three AAA batteries
- Only minimal avalanche training is required to operate the Barryvox Avalanche Transceiver
The Pulse Barryvox Avalanche Transceiver is your best hope for being found or for finding someone else who may be buried. Wear it close to the body and covered by at least one piece of clothing. Also, make sure the safety attachment is in place.
About NE Heli Skiing
Located near Terrace in beautiful British Columbia, Canada, Northern Escape Heli Skiing welcomes guests from around the globe who come here to enjoy a boutique heli skiing experience. Check out our Booking page to book a 3-day, 4-day, 5-day or 7-day heli skiing trip in Canada. We offer three separate heli skiing packages including Classic heli skiing (for up to 18 heli skiers), Elite heli skiing (for up to 10 heli skiers) and Private heli skiing packages (for up to 5 heli skiers).
Come for the ultimate Canadian heli skiing adventure and enjoy small group heli skiing with individualized customer service!
Check out Northern Escape Heli Skiing on social media!