At Northern Escape Heli Skiing we are always on the lookout for talented,
enthusiastic professionals to join the Northern Escape Family!
Snowcat Operator/Lodge Maintenance
Northern Escape Heli Skiing – Terrace, BC
Company Information: Northern Escape Heli-Skiing is a boutique heli-ski tour operator located in Terrace BC. Our operations have expanded with the completion of our new remote NE Mountain Lodge along with our operation at Yellow Cedar Lodge. Our multi season remote lodge is open for Winter Heli Skiing and Summer operations include a variety of Wilderness Adventures including Heli Fishing, Jet Boating, Mt Biking and Kayaking.
Position: We are looking for an outgoing person that can provide a strong focus on customer service and that has keen attention to detail to fill our Snowcat Operator/Lodge Maintenance position. There is a full time – year-round position for the right person available as well as Full-Time Seasonal positions within the team.
The Snowcat Operator/Lodge Maintenance position is responsible for helping run the NEH snowcat program and the new lakefront backcountry Mountain Lodge in a smooth, safe and cost-effective manner. They will spend the Operating season generally at the Mountain Lodge working a rotating schedule and will be responsible for general lodge maintenance, snowcat road development, and snowcat maintenance, as well as transporting guests while they cat ski. The Off-season schedule will be full-time hours Monday to Friday. Year-round work is available for the right person. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining the hourly based maintenance schedule and plans for the snowcats, generators and other equipment.
- Help establish snowcat roads for use during the operating season.
- Assisting with training drivers, guides, and other staff to operate and maintain over-snow equipment.
- Advising the Operations Manager regarding issues relating to snowcat operations.
- Participating in the NEH pre-season training programs as required.
Operating Season Responsibilities:
- Assist in ensuring snow roads and transportation infrastructure is built and maintained so that snowcat skiing operations function reliably and effectively.
- Ensuring snowcats, over-snow machines and other NEH equipment is maintained according to the approved maintenance and service plan and operated in a cost-efficient manner that optimizes the snowcat skiing experience and minimizes downtime.
- Operating snowmobiles, quads, and snowcats to support snowcat skiing operations.
- Reside at the lakefront lodge and operate and maintain those facilities in a cost-effective manner that reflects positively on the company.
- Inter-acting with NEH staff, aircrew, guests and all others in a friendly and professional manner.
- Conducting other associated duties as requested by the Operations Manager.
- Work a rotating schedule of two weeks on and one week off.
Post Season Responsibilities:
- Help to ensure all company equipment is appropriately secured, inventoried and stored for the summer season.
- Ensuring the cat base complex and the lodge are appropriately shut down for the summer season.
- Advising the Operations Manager on work that should be done during the summer season.
Schedule: Start Date is September/October 2021 for year round position and November for Seasonal positions.
Location: Terrace BC
Job Types: Full-time – year round
- Industry leading Wages
- One Month Paid Holidays/year
- Relocation Bonus
- Company Health benefits Plan
- Corporate Ski Pass at Shames Mountain for Staff use
- Discounted ski gear
- Heli and Cat skiing
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Snowcat Road building experience and asset
- Mechanically inclined.