In this post, we’ll look at the Top Reasons to heli ski in BC, Canada and why so many come from all over the world to heli ski with Northern Escape Heli Skiing.
Heli skiing was born in British Columbia Canada. Wintertime in Canada is Awesome! Did you know that over half of the world’s heli skiing operations are located here in BC?
Since 2004, guests from as far away as Norway, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Spain, France, Italy, Australia, and the United States have come to heli ski in BC to spend some of their wintertime in Canada with Northern Escape Heli Skiing.
Heli Ski BC Canada for the Easy Access
Most visit Northern Escape Heli Skiing because of our easy access.
- Terrace is less than a 2-hour direct flight from Vancouver International Airport via Air Canada
- The ski chalet is a short 20-minute car ride from the Terrace airport
- Ski a full day on the last day of your heli ski package
BC Powder Skiing – Best In The World
Come heli ski BC Canada for some of the best deepest powder!
- The Pacific coastal mountains of British Columbia is world famous for annual snowfall of 12-15 metres
- Over 2.5 million skiers visit BC annually to experience the lightest, driest powder in the world
- 75% of BC is mountainous ensuring some of the most reliable heli skiing conditions in the world
Amazing Vertical Drops
Come heli ski in BC for the vertical!
- Ski at elevations up to 2,450 metres (8,000 ft.)
- Vertical ski drop in excess of 2,000 metres (6,500 ft.)
- Vertical guarantee of 100,000 ft./week
- Unlimited Vertical heli skiing option (average 145,000+ ft.)
- Average of 8 to 15 heli ski runs a day
Large BC Heli Ski Terrain
Come heli ski BC Canada for the terrain!
- One of Canada’s largest – our BC heli skiing terrain is 5,500 sq. kilometers (2100+ sq. miles)
- Ski runs in excess of 2,000 metres (6,500 ft.)
- Northern Escape has 12 different heli ski zones – 250 different runs
- Excellent deep powder heli skiing through old growth trees and giant alpine bowls
- Cat Skiing backup in our Catland Ski Zone with over 50-km (31 miles) of roads
Boutique Heli Skiing Experience
Come heli ski BC Canada for a boutique heli ski experience!
- Small helicopters, smaller group sizes, and fewer groups per helicopter
- Private and semi-private heli skiing, plus cat skiing backup and boutique accommodations
Long Heli Skiing Season
Typically our heli ski season near Terrace, British Columbia, Canada runs from mid December to mid April.
About Northern Escape Heli Skiing
Northern Escape Heli Skiing offers heli skiers (and boarders) a boutique heli skiing experience in beautiful British Columbia, Canada.
- Our Classic heli skiing program at Yellow Cedar Lodge can accommodate up to 18 heli skiers.
- Our Elite heli skiing program at Pioneer Lodge can accommodate up to 10 heli skiers.
- We also offer Private heli skiing packages for up to 5 skiers in a group.
If you are passionate about heli skiing and want to heli ski BC Canada, you will be surrounded by an endless white paradise. Come visit us at Northern Escape Heli Skiing. Visit our Bookings page for available heli skiing dates or call us at 1-866-619-3184.
We can also be reached by email.
Check out Northern Escape Heli Skiing on social media!